Saturday 26 September 2009

Yesterday was one hell of a random adventure! I had an appointment for my Botox at half 5 so I went to the toilet before I left and took my housemate to my appointment so he could assist me. There was nowhere to park right outside so I parked in a drive-in dry cleaners and my housemate assembled my chair and lifted me out of the car safely into it. I wheeled to the bumpy bit of road outside the clinic and he pushed me the carefully over the rough bits into the clinic where I had my Botox.

On the way home he called one of his friends who said a few of them were going clubbing and wanted him to come. I knew I wouldn't be able to go as I'd have to completely depend on my housemate and it isn't fair to affect his weekends all the time. He asked would I give him a lift up and I agreed. We had to come home first so he could shower and get dressed and then I dropped him off. I left my phone on charge in the apartment and after I'd driven a few minutes towards home I realised he'd left my wheelchair in the boot! There would be no point going back as all I would be able to do is beep outside and they may not even notice so I carried on and drove into my local supermarket and commandeered a trolley pusher to put my chair in the passenger seat.

When I got in I settled on the sofa emailing a friend and he invited me up so I did my bowel care and a catheter then drove up. I picked him up as his flat is upstairs and he looks way too weedy to carry me and we parked by some playing fields. We were chatting for some time when he just pounced on me! I didn't know what to do so I just kissed him back and tried to make a joke of it. Thankfully someone text as they needed to pick something up off me so I took him back and drove home. On the way I saw a drunk man sat on the kerb with his thumb out and being the person I am I felt sorry for him and picked him up. He confessed that he'd just caught his Mrs in bed with another man, he was devastated, I dropped him in his home town and got myself back home.

My friend arrived to pick up his stuff and I went outside to give it to him and chatted to him and his friends. The flat above saw and called for me to stay there but I went into my flat anyway and one of the boys came down and asked if I fancied a party. He tried to carry me but he was a weakling and got a friend to carry me all the way to the 3rd floor where I was placed delicately on the sofa. He also carried me to the toilet and back down to my apartment several hours later!

No comments:

Post a Comment