Sunday 6 September 2009

The catheters arrived Friday morning, I've had a good look at them and figured them out. I want a flip-flow valve though otherwise it's continuous drain which would lead to bladder shrinkage. I'll call and see if I can get some!

As I was up so early I figured I should take advantage. I bribed my housemate to come to Cardiff with me shopping and took my wheelchair gloves. There are always a few wheelers about Cardiff and I saw a rather good looking man wheel past with his gloves on. I noticed the way he wheeled, it was way better than the way I wheel, like his arms and hands were going in circles. I had to get my housemate to push me occasionally as I was getting quite fatigued but I bought a beautiful pair of purple suede high heels. I tried on a couple of pairs of shoes - I always inch forward in my seat and pull my leg straight up so my foot is a few inches above my face. It just feels more secure that way!


On Friday night my housemate and I went over my friend's house. Last time we were there he carried me to the bathroom and put me on the toilet too far on the edge and I slid between the wall and the toilet completely folded in half taking the entire seat with me. I had him check me when we got home and thankfully I wasn't cut or bruised. He was more careful this time!

After a while I wanted to go home and we heard noise coming from one of the apartments above so he went up to see if we could come up. He left me there for a good 10-15 minutes before I called him and asked what he was playing at. They were all making a journey to the local supermarket so I said see you later and got comfy on the sofa. He came back within a few minutes and asked if I was ready to go up but I decided not to, there were people asleep up there and the ones who were awake were drunk and I can't stand drunk people. I went to bed at about 6am and he returned shortly after, pretty worse for wear! He didn't bother me though, I think he just passed out somewhere in the apartment!

No comments:

Post a Comment