Wednesday 23 September 2009

I took myself to the local supermarket last night, I was hungry and knew I'd need food for today so I put a little bit of make-up on just in case, put my lush leather gloves on and got myself into the car. When I arrived I parked in the disabled bay (for a change lol) and noticed they give parking tickets out and I don't have a disabled badge but I didn't worry, if I got a ticket it's obvious I'm disabled. I went straight to the clothes and saw some lovely cropped cardigans hanging out of my reach so I had to ask for assistance to get one down in my size and I placed it in my lap.

As I went around the store picking things up I decided I should get a basket so I wheeled to the front of the store to get one and continued my journey. When I was done I asked an assistant to help me take everything to the car and put my chair in the passenger seat.

When I got home I got the bags out of the car and it was really difficult trying to get them in as they were all quite full. I dropped one and had to struggle to pick it back up and I was stuck in the hallway unable to do 2 things at once so I put 2 bags down and opened the doors, picked them back up and wheeled to the kitchen where I gratefully put the bags on the counter. I put everything away but cut myself a slice of Tiramisu cheesecake and put a dollop of Creme Fraiche with it.

At about 2am I decided to go to bed but I couldn't sleep! After a few hours I did a catheter so if I did drop off I wouldn't have to wake up again to do one. I really wanted to stay in bed when I woke at 2pm but decided if I get up it'll be easier to sleep tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment