Wednesday 9 September 2009

I was rudely awakened by the buzzer to my apartment so I swung into my wheelchair, secured a towel under my arms to hide my naked body and wheeled to the window in my hall which looks out to where the main buzzer is. It was the post man, he had a parcel. I opened the window and he stupidly asked 'where you sleeping'. Well obviously, what else is an unemployed person going to be doing at half 8 in the morning? He's my usual post man too so he's been here about 20 times and knows full well no matter what time he comes I'm usually in bed! I put the box on my lap and wheeled back to the bedroom, put it on the floor and went back to bed.


When I finally decided to get out of bed I picked up 2 towels and wheeled into the bathroom. I lowered the bath chair slightly and lifted my legs into the bath before positioning my right hand on the furthest side of the bath and my left just next to me on the bath and swung onto the seat. I lowered it to the bottom and pulled myself forward so my legs crossed and bent. In this position I rarely lose balance as it's impossible to fall forward. I turned the hot and cold tap on and pressed the tap thing that turns it into a shower and waited for the temperature to regulate then soaked my hair and gave it a good wash and condition. I got back onto the bath chair so I could scrub my feet and legs while I waited for the conditioner to work its magic then thoroughly rinsed myself. I placed a towel on my chair and the other in my hair, raised the bath seat and got back into my wheelchair, brushed my teeth and transferred onto my toilet chair to do a catheter.


Back in my bedroom I covered myself in moisturiser and pulled on my tracksuit bottoms and vest before grabbing the parcel I received earlier and taking it into the living room with me. I placed it on the sofa and got on the sofa myself to eagerly rip it open! Inside was a beautiful pair of blue glittery Louboutin shoes and a purple GHD gift set. I tried the shoes on - perfect!

1 comment:

  1. What a nice day to get a package. You describe your actions so well I feel like I am there watching you.

    ReplyDelete