Friday 17 April 2009

I was up at around midday today, bit early lol but I had a few things I needed to do - my housemate has his car back and a trip to Asda was to be the highlight of my week lol! Plus I had to get to the Job Centre and sort out some form to do with the car I'm getting.

My housemate carried me into his car as I didn't want to risk scratching his car with my wheelchair, I love being carried, I used to make my friends carry me before I had the accident, in the end I had to get new friends haha!

Anyway, we parked outside the Job Centre and the kerb was on the driver side and it looked a bit dangerous to carry me out of the passenger side so I decided to get over to the drivers side of the car which was a right palaver! The cars waiting at the traffic lights were looking in bewilderment as I lifted and bent my legs at all angles to get them over the other side of the car and then found the best place to position my hands to lift over. I got as far as the gap between the gear stick and the handbrake then moved some more til i was perfectly seated for my housemate to lift me out like the princess I am! I had to do the same in reverse getting back in and both my shoes came off in transit!

Asda was less tricky as I could just be rescued from the side I was already sat in!

No comments:

Post a Comment