Wednesday 5 August 2009

You won't believe the number of times I got in and out of the car today, I proved to myself I can still be independent even if it is a bit awkward!

I got up at about 1pm and called my folks to let them know I'd be up when I'm ready. I leaned over the bath and washed my hair before transferring onto my shower chair over the toilet and doing a catheter and having a wash. I put a folded towel on my seat and transferred back into my chair and wheeled back into my bedroom. I got on the bed, put some fake tan on and deodorant and reached over for the jeans and vest I laid out the night before. A couple of wiggles and my jeans were up and my vest on. I left the apartment and got into the car, bringing my chair behind me. I got it all out again when I arrived at my folks and sat with them for a while until I decided to return home.

When I got back I had to do the whole wheelchair thing again and I was hungry so I thought about it and decided to go to Toby carvery on my own so that was another wheelchair in and out job. I love it when people give me evil looks when I pull into a disabled bay because they don't know where to look once they've figured out the contraption I'm assembling is a wheelchair! After Toby I decided to pop into Asda so did it all again with the chair then came home feeling quite satisfied with myself!

Tomorrow I'm meeting some friends for a coach trip to Birmingham airport - they're off to Ibiza for a stag week and when they leave the coach the bus drivers will attend to any needs I have! Happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment