Sunday 30 August 2009

Yesterday my housemate's friend and his girlfriend wanted to come over for a drinking session. My housemate wanted a drink and I enjoy driving so I drove to pick them up and brought them back to the apartment. On the way I wanted to pick up something to eat so we parked right at the top of the car park of the local superstore as there were no spaces anywhere else, the disabled spaces get taken by lazy people and anywhere closer to the store ends up with someone parking next to me leaving me in one hell of a difficult situation.

When we got to the front of the store my housemate's friend grabbed one of the wheelchairs they have in store and started wheeling about so I grabbed onto the handles for a free ride!

When we got back home they wanted to go to some event in a local town so off we went. The area wasn't the best for accessibility but we made it and got into one of the pubs. This old drunk guy spotted us and waved for us to sit at a table near him so we did and then he started trying to speak to us. He made no sense, he was so drunk and was blatantly trying to chat us up and offered to take me to the bathroom. I HATE being approached as it is and when someone harasses me I get pretty nasty so we got the doorman involved and we were saved.

After an hour or so the girlfriend wanted to leave so I persuaded the boys to leave and on the way home she wanted to actually go home. I dropped her off, and her boyfriend followed which was a shame as my housemate was drunk and wanted to party. I took him back home and we tried to find somewhere to go when he remembered a birthday party somewhere so off we went. When we arrived at our destination he remembered the party was Friday night! I text one of my friends just to say hi and she called so we went and picked her up and went to her house.

When we got there my housemate gave me a piggy back into her living room and placed me on the sofa. We stayed there for a while til my friend found a party and my housemate carried me to the toilet and back, only dropping my leg once in his drunken stupor. I had to be carried to the car and into the party when we got there.

One girl at the party took first impressions and thought I was just a diva til my friends explained I'm paralysed and I stayed on the sofa til I decided I wanted to go home and go to the toilet independently. I can't wait til I get a Foley catheter so I can pop it in and not worry!

No comments:

Post a Comment