Thursday 29 October 2009

I was rudely awakened by a small child kicking his football repetitively against the outside wall at 9am so I did a catheter and went back to sleep briefly and then the house phone rang. Twice. I eventually got out of bed and had a wash. There is an Asda basket in the bath because I couldn't carry my shopping without dropping it last night so decided to keep the basket so I could get my stuff in my apartment safely. I transferred back into bed and carefully pulled on a pair of jeans with holes cut in them. It's not easy but I did it. I then got a top on, fixed my hair and got into the car and drove to my last hometown.

When I arrived I pulled up outside the sunbed shop I used to use, it was a bit upsetting to be honest as I remember walking to the local shops and just walking in general and it really hit me how much I miss walking. I opened the sunbed door and asked for the owner but she doesn't work there anymore. I went in anyway to see if I could get on the sunbed and I could so I bought a package and had 6 minutes on it! It wasn't easy getting dressed into the ripped jeans in such a confined space but I did it and felt better for having a sunbed. I then went to my old nail bar and had my nails done. First time since the accident for both. Is it good timing that in the sunbed place I only had 2 minutes left in my old package when I had my accident?

I'm being extra careful now not to break my nails as I use my hands a lot more than I used to. I was careful with my bum on the sunbed too, don't want to burn that!

No comments:

Post a Comment