Saturday 17 October 2009

I saw a clinical trial advertised on the Internet for complete injuries where they implied they would try to bring back function through electrical stimulation and exercise. I needed to know whether my muscles would respond to electrical stimulation to be considered so I went to the hospital yesterday ti try it out.

It worked on my arm and my hand raised against my will, it felt really weird like pins and needles or a bad trapped nerve. The doctor attached it to my thigh and turned it on, nothing happened even when he turned it up. He tried it on my lower leg too saying my foot would raise if it worked but it didn't. The physio had a downloadable brochure from the trial that she printed off for me and it isn't a trial for function at all, it's a trial to see about preventing obesity in spinal patients so I'm not really missing out! It would have been 18 weeks in America but only 1 hour a day for 5 days a week with $1000 compensation plus $10 a day for travel and they pay board and lodge (they'd only give lunch vouchers for the days of the trial though).

I called the TV show about my previous post and sent pictures of me and they replied with some questions which I answered so now I have to wait and see.

No comments:

Post a Comment