Saturday 6 November 2010

I was thinking an umbrella hat would be better, it won't poke anyone in the eye then.

Lat night I arranged to see a friend to go firework hunting. I pulled on a pair of skinny indigo jeans and a grey thermal jumper then eased my legs into a pair of grey suede thigh high boots, forcing my hand inside to ease my toes straight. I transferred into my wheelchair and hooked my heels onto the footrest before going to the car and transferring in. I had my housemate put my wheelchair in the boot then went to pick up my friend.

After picking her up we went to a snack bar up a mountain for a roll then went to pick my housemate and his girlfriend up. We parked up a mountain with a great view but by the time we got there the fireworks had practically stopped!

I had my indwelling catheter put in today ready for Thailand, I don't like it as it shows through my tight wet-look leggings and I'm not sure if they are too tight that they do not let my urine low to the leg bag. I have a flip flow valve at the top so I can control it so not to lose bladder tone but last year it kept leaking from inside me! I had to keep it on open all the time.

Anyway I have thermal leggings on under my wet-look leggings to keep warm and my slanket. I've been buying cosy pyjamas and thigh high fluffy socks to keep me warm in bed and I have lots of thin blankets to layer on top of my duvet in bed as layers are better than one big blanket plus if I get too hot then I can flick one or two off. It will be a shame to come back to this cold, dreary country after being in Thailand!

No comments:

Post a Comment