Tuesday 1 December 2009

I've been quiet for a while because I just couldn't be bothered to explain what's been going on for the last few days, plus I haven't had time! I didn't make plans to go out Friday and my friend was supposed to have work. Note the supposed... She cancelled and we went back to mine so I could sort out my toilet needs and then we went back to hers. She only wanted me back at hers so her boyfriend could come up but it wasn't a chore, she wasn't all over him and he is very friendly, we got along fine. As her bathroom is upstairs I brought catheters with bags so I could just go in her living room. I stayed over - her boyfriend had a helpful friend who was strong and carried me where I needed to go - and left in the morning. The wheelchair was in the boot and I forgot to remind the friend to put it in the front so had to stop a pedestrian on the way home to do it for me.

As I didn't sleep much Friday and didn't get home til 10am I went straight to bed despite some other friends asking me to go and see them. I slept on and off for a full 24 hours before I got up, had a shower and made my way to Barry to see my other friends. There was also a strong friend there who took me to the toilet when needed and when the lady of the house arrived with her 3 young children they thought I was being carried to bed for some fun and they explained I couldn't walk to which they replied 'she looks fine!'. Kids eh? They went to bed shortly so we stayed up late and my housemate came over at about 10pm to catch up as he hadn't seen them for a while.

Today we went for a carvery and to Asda. I knew I'd need the toilet soon as I hadn't done my bowel care since Friday and I told my housemate but he was faffing about in the aisles til I had to force him to get to a till and get out. Too late, I could smell it when I transferred and checked the seat. Thankfully there was a towel in the car so he put it under me and we drove home. Luckily it wasn't a big mess and I did my Peristeen as soon as I got in and had a good wash!

No comments:

Post a Comment