Tuesday 3 November 2009

I couldn't get an appointment in my regular sunbed place today because I had an appointment with my orthodontist to fit a brace to my lower teeth. They've always bothered me but I couldn't afford them or I didn't have time. Well now I have all the time in the world so I went for it and when I arrived home I called my housemate and we went to a Consol sunbed in a nearby town.

The Consol sunbeds are bigger but higher than my usual ones and the floor is high shine. The wheelchair moved as I lifted and pushed myself into the sunbed and I nearly slipped off. It was worse getting off as there was a stupid plastic chair in the way and I couldn't angle the wheelchair. If I don't angle it slightly towards me my leg always slips between what I'm getting off and the nearest metal bar of the chair. Once my leg is down there I can't recover unless I get back up, and it was too high and too slanted, all I could do was hold myself in that awkward position and tell my housemate I needed help so he lifted me into my seat. My ankles ended up crossed and I wasn't at a good angle so I had him sort my legs out for me as I was rapidly slipping into a very foul mood!

After getting back in the car we went for a carvery, yum!

No comments:

Post a Comment